Welcome to our church! Our congregation and church were founded in 1900 by the Finnish Lutheran settlers of Covington Township in Baraga County, Michigan. We are members of the L.C.M.C and part of the WI/U.P. of Michigan district.
We are a Confessional Lutheran Church with historic roots in the Finnish-American community. Divine Worship Service is at 10AM with Holy Communion on the 1st & 3rd Sundays of the month and is at 5pm with the Service of the Word on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of the month. Sunday school for grades PreK through 6 is at 9 am on the 1st & 3rd Sunday of the month during the school year (Sept.-May). Confirmation classes are held for grades 7 through 12 is Tuesdays at 6pm also during the school year (Sept.-May). We have weekly Adult Bible Study group at 3pm on 2nd & 4th Saturdays (prior to the worship service) during the school year (Sept.-May). There is a monthly birthday potluck fellowship lunch on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Visitors are always welcome to join us for any of our worship, Christian education, and fellowship events!
Our address is:
25379 U.S. HWY 141, PO Box 168, Covington Michigan 49919
Our Pastor is Richard J. Little and his office hours at the church are Tuesdays & Thursdays 11:30am to 5:30pm and Saturday by appointment. His church office phone number is 906-355-2584. Feel free to contact him for more information about us or to discuss your Pastoral care needs or Christian faith questions.